Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another reason to hate people

Went to see Shutter Island a couple days ago (GREAT freakin' movie, by the way--one of the best thrillers I've seen in quite a while), and was sure it wasn't going to be the most pleasant experience in the world, as it was fairly full and would probably be noisy, with that annoying guy who sits behind you with the nachos wrinkling the bag the entire show. Man, I hate that guy.


Well, it was okay for a while, and I was getting engrossed in the film, when out of nowhere, I hear a kid crying. Thinking it was in the movie, I thought "What? No. Impossible. Waaaaaaiiiit...." So I got all disenchanted and looked down near the front and saw this MASSIVE woman with a baby. Ah. Yes. Of course. The dimwit who brings a child into a rated R horror film. Infinitely worse than the nacho guy. Who takes a kid to a movie like that? Honestly.


There's going to be a watering-down of intelligence more massive than that woman. If parents keep treating their kids with that kind of carelessness, how will those kids treat their own kids (assuming they ever land a spouse or anyone stupid enough to stay near them for more than eight seconds to copulate)? And it just gets worse and worse with their own crappy parents as examples.


So anyway, the kid's crying for like, ten minutes. People are getting mad and start leaving the theatre and coming back, probably talking to the manager. I assume that it'll be dealt with but nooooooo, the manager's probably doing his job (you know, the other job that's not his job by dealing with disruptive patrons) and the woman's kid keeps crying, so, being the wonderful fellow htat I am, I go down and tell her that if she doesn't take her kid out or keep it quiet, I'd go get someone to ask her to leave. So she gets all angry, calls me an asshole and a few other nice names, makes a scene as big as her spare chin, then leaves.


Finally. I can enjoy the movie.


NO.


She comes back in with the kid still crying for a few minutes, then leaves again (inexplicably). Then, one of the ushers comes in and asks me to come out with her. Then I learn that the fat woman said I called her a bitch and told her to leave. I just smiled, then shook my head. The fat woman then asked why she was so hot (I assume she meant angry, she was nowhere near remotely attractive--whoever gave her that kid must've been drunk out of his mind) and I shrugged. She starts ranting about how she's going to leave and he she DOESN'T EVEN LIVE HERE and LIVES THREE HOURS AWAY. So the manager, not very happy with me, obviously not believing me (I do look a bit shady, never speaking a word), tells me to go back in.


The rest of the movie was fairly quiet, even though I missed something probably important.


Moral of the story: if you're going to an R-rated movie, especially a horror movie, leave the kid at home and get a sitter, or don't go at all. Come on. You'll traumatize the kid. Sheesh.

5 comments:

  1. YOU DIDNT DEFEND YOURSELF??? INFORM HER THAT SHE IS AN UGLY BITCH AND YOU WISH YOU WOULDA THOUGHT OF HER WORDS YOURSELF???

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE WOULD'VE EATEN ME ALIVE.
    LITERALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have sucker-punched her in the kisser!!!! +__+ "DIE!!!" *war cry*

    ReplyDelete