Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Earth Day is stupid

I'm glad that, once a year, we decide to help out the world, while sodomizing it the other 364 days.


Hey, great idea here... how about you plant trees more often? Why is there only one day a year devoted to being environmentally friendly?


According to WikiAnswers, 144,000 trees are cut down EVERY DAY. That's 52,560,000 trees cut down every year. I couldn't find how many are planted on Earth Day, but I'm almost positive it's not 52,560,000.


So why can't Earth Day be every day? Why just one day to say, "Gee, I should probably go out and stick a crappy little shrub in the ground and fool myself into thinking I'm saving the world!"


So here's to you, Earth Day:
Suck on that, Nature.

Moral of the story: be nice every day. Don't pick one day of the year to show someone, or the Earth, that you care.

1 comment:

  1. in fourth grade. i sang a song on earth day. it stated "let's make each day Earth Day..." so im pretty sure that you made this up after envisioning the fourth grade version of me singing that song. therefore, i claim all rights to this post, and all the monetary success it has.

    seriously though. i laughed at this. 4/20 got more attention than Earth Day will. way to go w/ the priorities America :)

    ReplyDelete