Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ooooops.

So, 24 hours ago, I was thinking of a topic for a speech that was due later that day. Could think of nothing. Eventually decided to persuade people that cats are evil. After I finished the PowerPoint, I thought, "Man, this is really stupid. No one's gonna buy this, and I'll look like an idiot." So I deleted it without saving. Bad idea, because I had nothing else to go off of. Tried to think of another topic, but fell asleep. Woke up and was all like, "Sweet crap! I need to do this!" Fell asleep again, woke up, went to my first class, then it was time for lunch. Skipped lunch and worked on the speech. Thought I could go with the topic that if you don't know why you believe something, you shouldn't believe it. That's a decent topic, but I only spent like, a half hour on it. But hey, a crappy grade is better than no grade, right? Trick question, you lose.


So, time for speech class. Nervously wait for my turn, then realize I forgot my tape. Without the tape, the speech cannot be recorded, therefore I can't even give the speech. All that work for nuthin. Yay? No. Now I'm going to fail that class because my grade already tosses salad, and a zero on a speech is going to send it down the crapper.


THEN I had to write a feature story about why the student body election is a worthless waste of time, but neglected to send interviewing e-mails to the ones involved, so I have no research and have to make everything when I'm finished with this post, which I'm only posting as an excuse to not write that article. That's right, I'm only doing this to procrastinate. Don't you feel special? You shouldn't.


I just looked up and thought I said "I forgot my rape."


Today sucks. So do I.


Moral of the story: there are no breaks. Even on break, you need to be doing something. So like, don't be all lazy and stuff.


I still don't consider the endless hours on Fallout 3 a waste of time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment