Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cool Cats

Thanksgiving Break put me behind, so sorry (not really) for the multiple posts today.


I think at some point I mentioned some cats in my life, and here's the place to talk about them.


Roof Cat





That's Roof Cat. Adorable, isn't he? Roofie came around sometime this year, several months ago, and got his name because he would climb out of the window of the house two places down and just sit on my neighbor's roof. He was the only cat I've ever met that was really nice, and he was very playful and affectionate. As you can see, he is on my lap. He would even lie down there and fall asleep sometimes. He was cool. Strike that, Roofie was freakin' awesome. Worthy of the just-now-made-up Best Cat Ever Award.





Now, unfortunately, Roofie ran away sometime a month or so ago. His parents were douchebags, so I can't really blame him, but still, it sucks. Cats hate me, and I hate cats, but Roofie showed me that his entire species cannot be condemned because of a few bad cats, because he kicked butt. Well... figuratively, that is. Although he did have this really awkward habit of hiking his leg up to his ear and licking his nuts. He's a nice cat, so I'm sure someone took him in, so he's probably safe and better off than with the jerks he was with before.


Fat Cat

Ah, Fat Cat. Son of the Devil that thing was. My neighbor, Dave (the one whose roof dear Roofie so loved to frequent), took in a lot of strays and gave them homes, and Fatso was one of them. There's no picture (no one has been able to photograph the fiend), but here's an artists rendition of him:



I don't have a picture of him for one reason: the thing never let anyone close to him! Except Dave. Then it was really creepy because he looked almost happy-like. His face was in a perpetual scowl of evil madness, and it took my brother an hour or more of slowly sneaking up on him to gain enough trust to pet him for just a few seconds. Normally, if you got too close (like twenty feet), he would bolt in the opposite direction and you wouldn't see him again while you were out there. He was mean and evil, and I tried to be nice but nooooooo he had to be a jerk about it.


Since I've got a separate post about Spam Cat (I'm not real original with naming cats...), that'll be all.


Moral of the story: the actions of a few evil cats do no warrant the condemnation of them all. Same goes with *insert ethnic group here*.

No comments:

Post a Comment