Monday, November 16, 2009

Emotional musings of a lonely goat

Isn't is strange how we (or at least I) have that annoying desire for the unattainable? Not like, "Hey, no one thinks I can do this, I'll prove them wrong!" Just a natural sort of magnetism to disaster.


I think part of my problem (other than self-professing myself to be a horned farm animal, then passing it off as a parenthetical joke) is that I have high standards for everyone, but have low standards for myself. I expect too much from people, but act as if nothing's expected of me. I don't know what they want or expect, and let's be honest, that's not the least awkward thing you can say to a girl. "Hey, babe, what do you want with me?""Either a restraining order or a pair of shears will do."


I just got no skills with the ladies, I guess. Good thing I had a father who talked to me about this kind of stuff, so that later in life, I'd be prepared. Oh wait, I totally didn't. But I don't care. It's much more fun stumbling around in the dark, lost and confused while everyone else around you is living and loving happily. Isn't life grand?


Moral of the story: it's better to give than to receive. Not sure what that has to do with all this crap, but it's pretty good advice.


Clever sign-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment