Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Topical holiday blog, you knew it was coming.


Secret's out now: I hate holidays. All of them, most of the time. But, as this aptly named holiday suggests, now is not the time for whining. I'll save my Scroogery for Christmas. Maybe Valentine's Day. Man I hate V-Day (sounds like D-Day, which, if you didn't know, kinda sucked).


I know a lot of these posts have been complaints (actually, probably most of them), but, truth be told, that's just venting negativity. It's nice to get that kind of crap off my chest (Who made that phrase anyway? Venting has nothing to do with bosoms. I don't even have bosoms.), but it's also nice to think about things positively. So here I am, doing just that.


First off, thanks for all of you guys, my devoted, loyal, wonderful (or not) followers. Without you, I'd really have little reason to keep updating this thing. So thanks for hearing/reading me out.


But mainly, I'm thankful for oxygen. Without oxygen, I wouldn't be posting this either. Sarcasm aside, here's a charming lil list for you of what I've got to non-complain about:


Friends
Family
360 (O how I love thee)
This laptop
PhotoShop
My dog
Spam Cat
Spam packages
Spam mail (gives me something to do--deleting is hard work)


And there's more, but this is feeling too mushy and happy. Can't have that, can we? Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, enjoy your food, but don't forget why we're celebrating this. We humans have a nasty tendency to bypass the real meaning of holidays for materialistic things, especially food. Enjoy the food, be thankful for it, but try not to see today as another reason to stuff your fat face.


Moral of the story: you guys rock, don't forget that. And don't hurt me for using the phrase "fat face," that would be rude.


I'm going to Hell for this, aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment