Monday, November 23, 2009

Life Lessons with Mainerd

Hello, everybody! It's time for


LIFE LESSONS,
WITH MAINERD


Isn't that grand? You get to learn from me! And by "me" I mean "my failures." Well, I suppose the two are synonymous, so sure, use whichever.


If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that the phrase "If there's one thing I..." is the most stupid thing ever. If there were only one thing you learned/did/etc., you wouldn't really capable of communicating it. But anyway, one of the things I've learned is that nothing goes right. Nothing. At all. Whenever I think about doing something, I wrack my mind for days (or even weeks) thinking of every single thing that could possibly go wrong, and how to correct it. Every time, something goes wrong, I can't correct it. So, next time, I think more. More failure. Thought, failure, thought, failure. You'd think I'd have learned, but what else am I going to do?


Every time something goes on, I spend forever thinking about it, then fall on my face. Slowly, I'm starting to just give up. I'm tired of failing, and I'm tired of getting all worked up for nothing. It's like masturbation without the payoff. A crude analogy, but fitting.


Dunno what to do. But hey, I'll look on the bright side: once I'm dead, this won't matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment